Follow the steps below to create a new SmartFinder and embed it in a Microsoft® Word template.
Create a SharePoint View
In order to create a SmartFinder, you first must create a view in SharePoint that filters the list of snippets to display to the writer.
To Create a View in SharePoint
- Go to your SmartDocs repository.
- Select your Snippet Library.
- Create a view in SharePoint that contains the filtered list of snippets that you want to the SmartFinder to display.
Guidelines to keep in mind when you create a view in SharePoint
- Give the view in SharePoint a meaningful name. For example, Client References.
- Configure the filter criteria on the view to return the snippets that the SmartFinder should display.
- Ensure the view's Folders option is set to Show all items without folders.
Create a SmartFinder in a Microsoft Word template
To Create a SmartFinder in a Microsoft Word Template
- Open the Microsoft Word Template to embed the SmartFinder in.
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the SmartFinder.
- Go to the SmartDocs tab.
- Select the Assembly drop-down menu.
- Select New SmartFinder.
- Complete all of the fields in the New SmartFinder dialog box.
- Click Create.
NOTE: When creating the SmartFinder, be sure to select the SmartDocs repository and view in SharePoint that you previously created. Once the SmartFinder has been created it can executed by double-clicking on it.